Sunday, January 27, 2013

"I think there's more to this hobbit than meets the eye..."
                                                              -Gandalf, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hello! Welcome to my specifically Lord of the Rings (LOTR) blog, More Than Meets the Eye! As some of my readers will already know, I had a blog called "From a Child to a Woman", but I have decided, after much growing and healing happening in my life, to start fresh and with something I am incredibly passionate about, none other than Lord of the Rings.

This blog, in a nutshell, will have everything LOTR that you can think of, including (but not limited to, ha ha) trivia games, favorite pics of the month, favorite quotes, and random news updates I want to share, and a plethora of other topics. But one thing I want to get established right off the bat is this...this isn't an ordinary LOTR blog. I want to use this blog to share with you just how personally the Lord has touched me and healed me from so many ills and hurts in my life through these amazing books, films, and ultimately the entire world of Middle Earth.

I want to take a journey with you, to make you my fellowship of sorts, coming to a new understand of what LOTR really means, beyond even the amazing truths and triumphs that the story alone has. I want to take this opportunity to learn what is underneath the outer layers of the LOTR, of the characters, the stories, the spiritual background. Just as the infamous quote at the top of the page says, I want to look for the deeper levels of this mystical land, and, hopefully, have a bit of fun along the way.

Won't you come along? I'm sure we'll have fun together, learning together just what makes LOTR and everything about it so entrancing, so magical, and in the end, so powerful and life-changing.

I hope you choose to follow me on this road! There will be at least one blog post a week, if not more, so this should be a great journey together. =) I hope this has whetted your taste buds! I am off for now. Off to write on a LOTR sequel I am working on. (More about that later...)
                                                            Namaarie! (Farewell!)
                                                                      Jenn

2 comments:

  1. Looks great, Jenn! I look forward to reading your posts :) Awesome background image too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww thanks bernadette! i am super excited to get back into it!

    ReplyDelete